CIFAL Flanders zoekt Trainee Project Manager
Paid Traineeship Position
Duration: Six months Start: July 2023 - August 2023 (negotiable)
Remuneration: Through the Flanders Trainee Programme (www.fdfa.be/ftp).
• You must be younger than 35 years at the starting date of the traineeship placement
• You must be holder of a final diploma, obtained at an institution of secondary or higher education, financed or subsidized by the Flemish Community.
DESCRIPTION OF OUR ORGANISATION
CIFAL Flanders is the International Training Centre for Authorities and Leaders affiliated with UNITAR and located in Antwerp. CIFAL Flanders is one of the international training centers of the CIFAL Global Network, the principal training arm of the United Nations, with headquarters in Geneva. CIFAL Flanders is a centre of expertise on the SDGs offering trainings, project development and coaching. Our mission is to promote peace, human rights & sustainable development, and the declarations, principles, and guidelines of the United Nations, with a focus on the Agenda 2030 and its Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). CIFAL Flanders conducts Action Learning training to empower leaders in society and to link theory to practice in national and subnational policies, local authorities, trade unions, civil society, academia, and businesses. Our organization is characterized by a wide range of impact-driven projects and activities.
DESCRIPTION OF THE TRAINEESHIP
We are currently seeking a Trainee Project Manager (m/v/x) to assist with the organization’s strategic and training activities. The traineeship offers a learning opportunity in a small and motivated team for someone who is interested in Sustainable Development and Corporate Social Responsibility as well as in dealing with governments, companies, civil society, the academic world and the United Nations.
Trainee Project Manager:
• Be jointly responsible for the strategic execution of CIFAL Flanders’ business plan, including the establishment and execution of Action Learning training projects
• Be responsible for coordinating partnerships and establishing future partnerships
• The organization of sector-specific courses and workshops by preparing and assisting trainings
• Assist office staff before, during and after the events organized by CIFAL Flanders
• Assist office staff with administrative and other tasks
Specific requirements for this traineeship:
• Academic qualification: University degree preferably at Masters level or equivalent in Business Management, Economic Studies, Law, Environmental Management, International Business Relations, Strategic Management, or in any other related field relevant to the themes addressed by the offer.
• Work experience (not required, but is an asset): corporate social responsibility, business ethics, sustainability labeling systems, stakeholder management, company foundations; experience in organizing large events; experience in an international work environment.
• Language skills: Excellent in written and spoken Dutch, good in written and spoken French and English. A native French speaker is a valuable asset.
• Computer literacy: IT and database management (Mailchimp, Teamleader, Monday), knowledge of website management (Wordpress), MS Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook).
• Additional skills/requirements: Excellent analytical and organisational skills, good written and oral communication skills, proven ability to work in a multicultural environment, good team orientation, ability to multitask.
What can you expect from this traineeship?
• Putting knowledge about the UN 2030 Agenda, Sustainable Development and Corporate Social Responsibility into practice.
• Strengthening your communication and project management skills by working independently on CIFAL projects.
• Building an extensive network of business, governmental and academic contacts, both in Antwerp, Flanders and internationally.
• Asset for future job opportunities.
• Remuneration: The Flanders Trainee Programme assists in subsidies. More information available through www.fdfa.be/ftp.
During the traineeship, you receive 9 days of holiday (1,5 days per month). CIFAL Flanders’ has a fair and flexible holiday policy to accommodate religious observance or other needs.
How to apply: To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to Mathilde Van Caeckenbergh email@example.com
Deadline to apply: 31 May 2023
Contact person: Mathilde Van Caeckenbergh, Operations Manager firstname.lastname@example.org, +32 472 53 91 16