CAN Europe zoekt Office & IT Coordinator
Climate Action Network Europe is looking for a
Office & IT Coordinator (m/f/x)
(full-time of 4/5ths, Open-ended, Brussels)
Climate Action Network (CAN) Europe is Europe's largest coalition working on climate and energy issues. With over 180 member organisations in more than 38 European countries – representing over 44 million citizens - CAN Europe works to prevent dangerous climate change and promote sustainable climate and energy policy in Europe.
We're currently seeking a committed and motivated individual with demonstrated experience managing an office and the IT infrastructure, supporting a team of around 60 persons and other logistic processes relating to the organisation of events (Staff retreat, General assembly, etc.. The individual will contribute to the work of the Administrative team as an Office and IT Coordinator under the supervision of his line-manager. The position is full-time or 4/5ths, and base in our offices in Brussels, with teleworking authorised.
Required skills and experiences:
- Relevant education, training or professional qualifications;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in office management and/or IT support;
- Computer/IT skills, ability to provide support to colleagues;
- Experience in organising events;
- English, excellent spoken and written, be fluent in French or Dutch;
- Organisational, interpersonal and team-working skills, flexibility, and reliability;
- Problem solving and good communication skills;
- Management of multiple tasks.
Other desirable qualities:
- Demonstrated alignment with the mission, the modes of action, and the values of CAN Europe;
- Relevant professional or voluntary experience with NGOs or in an international network considered as an asset;
- Team-work with people from a wide range of countries;
- Working knowledge of server management;
This position will focus on office management, including ensuring a healthy working environment for the team, and supply and maintain IT and communications equipment (hardware and software) for the whole organisation.
Tasks will include:
- Liaising with IT providers and administration the IT stock;
- Organizing supplies and equipment purchases for the office and the activities in accordance with our internal rules and regulations;
- Supporting the team member in logistics for events organized in the name of CAN Europe such as organizing travel arrangement and liaising with service provider including location, catering, accommodation, etc;
- Providing secretariat services to the organization and team with regard to general written or phone enquiries;
- Representing CAN Europe in all matters relating to the co-administration of the Mundo Matongé Office Centre.
With this opportunity, we offer:
An open-ended contract with flexible working hours and the possibility of teleworking.
This position is based in Brussels and is open to any applicant in possession of a residence and a work permit. We are not considering sponsoring visas this time.
Remuneration is based on our Belgian salary grid: expected salary between 3.375,00 € and 4.425,00 € gross/month depending on the relevant years of experience (from 0 to 20 years, subject to Belgian tax); Meal vouchers (7,00 €/day); transport costs; eco-vouchers (250,00 €/year); sport and culture vouchers (100,00 €/year), phone allowance (39,00 €/month); work computer.
More about us:
We are an open and inclusive, multicultural, multilingual team and explicitly encourage applications from all applicants, independent of their age, ancestry, colour, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
How to apply
Please send an email with your CV and a Motivation letter explaining how you fit the job profile for this specific position, both written in English, to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Important: Subject line must be "Application: Office & IT Coordinator.
Interviews will be conducted in English.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 27th of September 2023 at midnight.
- First round of Interviews between 4-6 October 2023 (online)
- Second round of interviews between 11-13 October 2023 (online)
The expected start date is flexible but as soon as possible.
This position was first advertised on 29th of August 2023. All applications will be reviewed after the closing date has passed.
For any questions regarding this position, please contact:
- Winfried HOKE, email@example.com